Saturday, May 26, 2007

Learning through Blogging

At first, I did not know I could upload video and swf file onto the blogs. But I found that some classmates were able to do so in their blogs. This gave me a motivation to learn how to do so. In fact, I did not ask for classmates' help, but I searched through the Internet to see if there were some postings about uploading video or swf file onto the blogs. Finally, I managed to do so. Even though I did not talk to any classmates face to face, I still could learn something and draw some inspirations from reading their blogs.

By reading classmates' blogs for prototype presentations, I found that some groups had employed hotspot with close buttons. I found that this idea was great as this prevented the hotspot from disappearing if readers accidentally moved the mouse away. Therefore, my group has also included close buttons for the hotspots in the final version.

Here is one more example of learning from peers through blogging. It is interested to learn the mouseover effect in the powerpoint from the raindrop task of Martin and Dorothy's group. This mouseover technique in powerpoint can make the presentation more interesting and appealing. Besides using interactive buttons, the mouseover effect can enhance another kind of interactivity between readers and the visual display. Please click the following link to see my trial on the mouseover effect in powerpoint.

http://iln.cite.hku.hk/com/1374/users/ckcheung5/storyboardwmouseover.ppt

No comments: