Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Change of the Topic for the Group Assignment

Originally, Karen Lee Sau Wah and I would like to prepare a flash learning object which explored the relationship between the graphs of y = f(x) and y = f(x + k), where f(x) is in the form of ax^2 + bx + c. The anticipated challenges are:
1. How to make a slider
2. How to draw the gridlines in flash
3. How to draw the quadratic graph

The first challenge of making a slider is solved as Daniel introduced how to make it in Session 7. For the other two challenges, I need to learn much more about actionscript. And I find that it is not that easy to learn actionscript in a short period of time, as compared to learn the programming in authorware.

I have spent the Easter holiday to make the gridlines as shown below. In fact, I did not write all the actionscript myself. I just copied a sample from a book about flash and made some simplification. I have tried to understand the commands, but failed. And it is much more difficult for me to enrich the content based on the sample.



As a result, my partner and I would like to change the topic of our group assignment, a topic that requires actionscripts that we can handle during this module.

No comments: